Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Om"

["Om" means "hold me" in Thai. (And check out the Thai Karaoke link as well. It's from my birthday!)]



First off, I apologize for the lack of blogging lately; however, I'd say it's a good sign that I'm keeping busy over here! 

The kiddos! These were the young'ns. I'd say ages 2-3.

If you cannot tell by the Facebook explosion of pictures, we went to the orphanage here in KhonKaen this past Friday. This trip has been something our team has been looking forward since day 1 of arriving in Thailand, so excited was an understatement as we piled in the cars to head to the Baan Luuk Rak Orphanage. We were told we would be helping with breakfast time and playing with kids ages 2 - 6 years old; however, we were not told we would absolutely fall in love with each and every face. 

Before we left, though, Moe (the CO Thai staff guy who is taking care of us this summer...) led us through a little devotion and time to truly reflect on what it means to have a heavenly Father like we do. He said this quote that really hit home...

"God is not the reflection of our earthly fathers, He is the perfection of our earthly fathers." - Louie Giglio

Meet "Yee Wah" Once she latched onto my neck,
she never let go.
Ha, that smile! Oh my goodness. Melt your heart.

Bill's little girl who also would NOT let him go.

Abby with a sweet precious child of God.

Richie's little girl... watch the video from above.
Pictures do not do this day justice. It was amazing to play with these children, who had no fathers, mothers, or family, but they still had joy. They smiled. They laughed. And they hugged, really tight. I couldn't help but sit there with precious little "Yee Wah" in my lap and think of how she has never known her parents. She has never been held close with an unconditional love. I just wanted to be able to give that to her. All I could do, though, was hug her as tight as I could and whisper that "God loves her" over and over in her ear, praying that one day soon the Lord will send a family to adopt her and teach her of the perfect love of Christ.

The video of Richie and that sweet little girl just really depicts what we have the freedom to do with our Father in Heaven. We can look up to God and say "hold me," and He will. Anytime we need Him. No one has to come across the world for a 2 hour visit and hold us. He is here. At all times. We can beg him, and He will. What a love that is! 


(Photo courtesy of Abby Cunningham)
Precious "Yee Wah" who, too, yelled "Om"
everytime I put her down. If I could just take
 her home... 



Pray for continued opportunities to start deepening relationships with the students that we have become friends with. Pray for these children. Pray that even though they may never have the opportunity to experience an earthly father, that they will one day know a Heavenly Father that is perfect in every. single. way. And lastly, please pray for our team. For energy as we are on the downhill slide. Pray that we continue to soak in every single moment we have been given here in Thailand.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment