Monday, May 30, 2011

susu...

Susu means keep fighting the fight, or persevere. It was my word of the day today... P'Fone (my ministry partner) said it to a fellow believer, and I thought it was one of the coolest phrases I've learned so far. Here in Thailand it is so easy to get tired and want to just give up because of the culture and language differences, but we are called to "susu" or to keep fighting the fight. I mean, how awesome is that??


P'Fone, CO Thailand staff and my ministry partner on campus!
I already love her and have only known her 3 days...

Day 4.
I mentioned early that we had a rest time before church... that was well planned because Sunday afternoon and night were jam packed! We had a time of fellowship before worship where we had the chance to eat with the church body. For 20 baht, we got lunch... in American dollars that is 66 cents. Yes, you read that right.

Worship was truly amazing. The service was mainly in Thai; however, they were gracious enough to sing a few songs in English for us and translate the other songs into English so we could follow along. If you have seen any of the other blogs, everyone is referencing Revelation 7:9, which says

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the lamb..." 

What we experienced Sunday was a tiny, tiny part of what we are going to experience in heaven. It was amazing to sing the same praise to the same God in completely different languages.

After church, we all stayed and just hung out. The Thais helped us with Thai, and we helped them with English, with many, many laughs in between because, let's be honest, our Thai is not that great... at all.

I decided that it would be a good idea to video the ride home from church to show America what driving is like here... So, here it is... [Sorry, the link thing again... one day I'll get it. Promise!]

The Link -- Car Ride Home Um, scary is an understatement
(As narrated by Milcah Kirubel and Courtney McAlister. As driven by Philip Beckloff.)


Sunday night we attended "Freshy Cheers" which is all of the freshman, yes all 10,000, gather together to sing a song while a group of sophomores directs them. Upperclassman come and watch and either pass them or fail them and make them keep trying. They have as many tries as needed, however, each time they don't do it right their sophomore "coaches" are "punished" (for example, they had to run around the field...) [A video to come...]


Keep prayin' for energy for our team... Ha, if the team doesn't need it, I sure do. Pray also that we can work effectively as a team and with our ministry partners... Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment