So, we now leave in exactly 5 days and 8 hours. Wow. I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that the idea of going to Thailand was presented to me, let alone the fact that I am now about to get on a plane.
As the time is approaching to leave, I feel myself getting more nervous. Nervous about the unknowns of living in a different country where the language is completely different. Nervous about little things such as what if I don't really like the food or what if the food doesn't like me? (Spicy... yeah, I went there.) Nervous about a 40 hour flight. And just nervous if I will even actually be "good" at this sort of thing.
The list could go on and on, but the fact of the matter is, I have been called to go.
I jumped the first hurdle. The parents. (Thank you mom and dad, really, I know it was a tough decision.)
I jumped the second hurdle. The money.
I jumped the third hurdle (almost). The packing.
Now, it's time to go.
It's funny, every "excuse" I could think of has been conquered in a sense, including the fact that I was not asked to be in a wedding this summer for the first time in 3 years, okay, I hear you Lord, I'm going.
So, as I take this remaining 5 days and 8 hours left in the good ole US of A. I am constantly reminding myself that nerves are part of it, because when it comes back down to it, I, Courtney McAlister, have been called to go to Thailand. I have been called to share my faith in a way in which I must abandon my comforts and my culture to go and share to a lost people group.
These facts still float in my head...
97% Buddhist.... 0.7% Christian.
"You'll be the first Christian these people ever meet..."
Please continue to pray. Pray for the nerves and anxieties of moving away for these next 2 months. Pray for a boldness that exudes from each of our team members. Pray that these Thai students are receptive to this incredible message!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment