| 2 months. 1 carry on. 1 rolling duffle. and 1 duffle for Beach Project. Boom. |
Well, the day has come to venture out on part 1 of my several (I can't really number the parts because there are so many) part journey. I will be meeting up with team member Bill today to head to Birmingham to eventually jump on a plane tomorrow early in the am bound for Thailand, eventually (refer to the flight schedule post...).
Packing ended up being quite the challenge. Girls were given a bag and a half. 50 lbs a bag. The picture above does not do it justice. Inside that big rolling duffle is 2 sets of sheets, 2 towels, a couple weeks worth of clothing, all my toiletries for 2 months, shoes, and some other necessary supplies, such as a fan (heat index = 105 degrees with a nice 90% humidity). Mission accomplished though. Boom.
Am I excited. Yes.
Am I nervous. Yes.
Did I sleep last night? Absolutely Not. (Probably not the best way to start out a 40 hour trip huh?)
As I start off on this journey, the verse that keeps popping in my head is 1 Peter 5:6-7. "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
Please be in prayer for safe travels. We will have over 40 hours of traveling to do. Please pray that this time can be used for some good ole team bonding and more importantly a time where we can sit and prayerfully focus on what we will be doing this summer.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment