I have never been on a mission trip before. I never went on that youth group trip or that college spring break trip. I had heard about them but had never actually gone. So, when this trip to Thailand came up I was 100% on board. I mean, 2 months in Thailand. Can I say, awesome!? The only catch, $6000, the cost of this trip. Yes, it's true, to anyone it is a large chunk of change, but to a college student it might as well be a million dollars. My heart dropped when I got this number, and that's also the day when I realized that this trip is going to be nothing like I had imagined. I realized that this trip was not going to happen without the one who gave me this opportunity in the first place, God. So, that's when I hit my knees, and let me just tell you the Lord sure does work in a mysterious way.
The Cross Cultural Project notebooks came in a flurry and Support Raising 101 commenced. The Thailand journey had begun, and we are still 4 months and 12ish days away from even boarding a plane!
With some tears, hardcore prayer, and a few drafts, my first wave of support letters went out right after Christmas with a self-addressed envelope to my Samford box. As I returned to school, life hit me fast (I am doing an internship at Princeton Hospital. Let's just say 12 hour shifts are exhausting, but amazing!) On my day off I finally got a chance to check my box. As I walked towards the food court/post office, I was nervous. Has anyone actually read my letter? Has anyone actually sent me a response this soon? Is anyone actually willing to send money in such a hard economic time?
As I peeked through the little window and saw that I had 4 letters, I was already dumbfounded. I took out the little envelopes and sat down at a food court table (I couldn't wait until I got back to the house. I was too excited!)
I immediately began to tear up after the first envelope, and by the fourth I had lost it. In 4 letters, I had received $825. The Lord had already surpassed everything I could imagine.
I write this to say thank you. Thank you for believing in this mission. Thank you for supporting me. And thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness.
I cannot wait to open my box now. Each day is a new opportunity to see the Lord's faithfulness.
And no worries people, I eventually made it up to the house after the entire food court staff was staring at me... no big deal.
Until next time...
beautiful!
ReplyDelete-Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think- Ephesians 3:20