Thursday, January 20, 2011

blessed beyond all understanding...

$3715. The amount of financial support that has come in so far. $2285. The amount of money still needed to reach the $6000 mark. 

I cannot even begin to describe how raising support has truly impacted my life. Each day I wake up, I have to turn it over to God because I know there is absolutely no way that I, alone, can raise this $6000. And I can honestly say He is listening. 

Since my first blog post I have had a few more "tearful" moments, not in the food court this time though, thank goodness! I am honestly astounded at the response of my family, friends, and even just mere acquaintances that I happened to send a support letter to. The checks come in all sizes, but each one means so very much to me. These checks are a physical way for people to show 1) that they believe in this mission and the importance of sharing the gospel and 2) that they believe in me to carry it out.

I have been so humbled to know that I have a team of people who are behind me 100% and are praying for me on a regular basis. Wow. 

It's also been amazing to see support come from people I had never even imagined. For example, I was out to dinner with a good friend the other night who graduated from college last May. I was telling her about my opportunity to go to Thailand this summer and what we would be doing. It had not occurred to me to ask her for financial support. I mean she just graduated college and was just beginning to wet her feet in the corporate world. I know money doesn't grow on trees, especially for a recent college grad. As I was telling her about my trip, her eyes started tearing up. She pulled out her checkbook and wrote me a check right then and there. I was blown away. I would have never thought about asking, and here she is looking me straight in the eye saying "Court, I believe in you, and I just wish I had more to give." It's so encouraging to know that my own generation sees the importance of sharing this awesome gift we have been given called the Gospel of Christ. 

Thank you to everyone who is supporting me both financially and through prayer. Both are vital to this mission! What an awesome Savior we have! 

1 comment:

  1. I know who this is talking about. :) I'm so proud of you court.

    praise. His. NAME.

    ReplyDelete