Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Visuals are so much cooler...

Sorry I have not blogged in a while! Life comes at you fast! Since my last post our team had a retreat. It was at a camp here in Birmingham. It was wonderful weekend full of team "bonding," lots of laughs, prayer, and meetings to answer a lot of questions pertaining to the "logistics" of our trip... lodging, culture, etc. We asked a lot of questions specifically about Buddhism (97% of the Thai population), some questions were answered some were not... this has a purpose, keep reading!

 Saturday night we headed to the Summit (a big time mall/entertainment area in Birmingham) to share our faith. Honestly, this scares the badoodles out of me! Especially since the Summit is a place that I go for fun and the likelihood of running into someone I knew was pretty high. Anyways, after walking around for about an hour with 2 other girls from the team (August and Shelly, you'll see a pic later) trying to engage in conversation, we decided to head back. However, on our way back there was a young guy that was working as a security who caught our eye. Long story short, we began talking to him. Come to find out he was a practicing Buddhist. We got the chance to ask him questions that had not been previously answered and truly got a better insight on Buddhism. This was totally the Lord. I have no doubt he was sent to us to help better understand the religion that we are going to be primarily faced with. After that retreat, I can honestly say I am so pumped to be going to Thailand with such an amazing group of people!  

Ok, so the rest of this post is going to be a few pictures! So, get excited!!

The team! (Top Row L to R: Philip, Christine, Milcah, Richie, Bill, Matt
Bottom Row L to R: Kathryn, Rachel, August, Me, Shelly, Erin)
[Missing: Townsend, Katy, Luke, Taylor]

Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers! 


We will be living in an apartment "dorm-style" room. So, 2 people per room with a bathroom. It is a relatively new building so we're very lucky! It is 1/2 mile away from Khon Kaen University  and about a mile from the church we are working with. The rooms are equipped with a TV, small fridge, and microwave! 

2 twin size beds with a closet!

Desks and TV
The "garage" area of the building... No, these are not
our scooter type things... We will have 2 vehicles
we will be riding in when we get over there. Team
members have to learn how to drive stick shift and
on the other side of the road. Don't worry. I did NOT volunteer
for this one.

The toilet. And why, you ask, did I put this up?
Well, look to the left of this picture. Yeah, I'm
talking about that "hose" type thing... let's just
say toilet paper isn't too popular.
The building!!

Well, I hope this helps giving everyone some "visuals." Please continue to pray for financial support for the rest of the team, as well as, praying for us to have a heart that is globally minded! Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment